BEST SPONGE CAKE RECIPES…Make a classic sponge cake with Fruit, vegetables, chocolate, whole meal … all delicious.
Here we offer you some 50 simple sponge cake recipes range from traditional to innovative ones. They also are of low-calorie versions with ingredients that you never imagined.
With these easy recipes you will not run out of ideas to make at home with these sweet recipes while STAY AT HOME to flatten the curve.
1-A BASIC: ORANGE SPONGE CAKE
This recipe is for beginners or for those who want to make a basic recipe and add their favorite addition in. this traditional simple, BASIC: ORANGE SPONGE CAKE always wins. The best from which all succeed in doing it.
INGREDIENTS: 10-12 people / 1 h 10 min
For the dough:
160 g of butter
200 g of sugar
1 plain yogurt (125 g)
400 g of flour
16 g of baking powder
1 or 2 tablespoons icing sugar
How to make ORANGE SPONGE CAKE;
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
1. Cut 150g of butter into small cubes, place in a large CLEAN bowl and leave at room temperature for about 30 minutes, until become soft.
2. Wash 1 orange, dry it with kitchen paper and grate the skin, avoiding the white part that is bitter. Cut both oranges in half, squeeze them and filter the juice.
3. Add the sugar to the bowl with the butter and beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick, you get a creamy and whitish preparation.
4. Add the yogurt and stir until it is integrated.
5. Add orange zest and the orange juice beat 3 minutes longer.
6. Bring eggs to room temperature then, crack the eggs and add them, Beat the egg one by one and without stopping beating; do not incorporate the following until the previous one is not fully integrated. until light and fluffy
7. Mix flour and baking powder together.
8. Finally, gradually add flour mixture and mix well with the yeast on top and stir until you get a fluffy preparation.
9. Gently spoon batter into a removable round pan about 22 cm in diameter previously greased with the remaining butter and flour. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets and bake the cake on the lowest oven rack at 325°, for 50 for to 60 minutes.
10. Immediately invert pan and wait for it to cool completely about 1 hour before removing it from the mold.
11. Sprinkle with icing sugar, melt butter in a small saucepan; remove from the heat. Add confectioners’ sugar, water and vanilla; stir until smooth. Pour over cake, allowing it to drizzle down sides and serve.
Another traditional and basic cake recipe, the easiest cake recipe ever both for lovers and beginners. It only has 4 ingredients and is a true 1-2-3-4 cake., you can use the measurement of the empty yogurt tub (125 ml) to calculate all the quantities. Basic ingredients mix and bake. Simple, fast, cheap, fluffy and delicious. You will not stop at one slice!
INGREDIENTS: 6 people / 1 h
1 tub regular natural yogurt to be the best / room temperature
1 tub of sunflower oil
2 tubs of sugar
3 tubs of flour
4 eggs (room temperature)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
How to make SPONGE YOGHURT CAKE;
Directions; 15 minmin › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr15min
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees 180ºC heat up and down.
2. Grease the 20cm cake pan with butter then flour.
3. In a medium bowl put the 4 eggs (approximately 30 seconds) then add sugar and whisk for 5 minutes.
4. Empty the yoghurt tub and beat.
5. Add the oil and beat for 5 more seconds until smooth.
6. Add the lemon zest and the sifted flour together with the baking powder and sift this into the mixture gradually, stirring well after each addition, beat until well combined approximately. Finally whisk the batter for 1 minute and finish integrating the dough with a spatula.
7.Pour the dough into the greased cake pan (you can put a tablespoon of sugar on top, optional) and bake 35-40 minutes or until tested done.
8. Take out, allow to warm and remove from the mold. Then place it on a wire rack until it finishes cooling, sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
3- APPLE AND CINNAMON SPONGE CAKE;
This cinnamon sugar apple cake is a deliciously easy cake and very regular made from scratch. This soft and tender Apple Cake and highly snackable.
INGREDIENTS: 8-10 people / 1 h 35 min
270 g of flour
1 plain yogurt
200 g of brown sugar
3 large eggs
8 g of baking powder
125 ml of soft vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
4- 5 golden apples
The zest of 1 lemon
How to make APPLE AND CINNAMON SPONGE CAKE;
1. Preheat oven to 180 °. Line the base of a round 8- or 9-inch mold with removable walls with a baking or parchment paper disc.
2. Crack the eggs into a large bowl, vanilla, whisk briefly just to break up the egg yolks. Add the sugar and beat until they become creamy. Add the yogurt and stir until it is perfectly integrated.
3. In a separate bowl, sift the yeast with the flour and add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix. Pour in the oil and beat carefully.
4. Finally, add the lemon zest and mix a little with a spoon until combined no need to an electrical mixer.
5. Peel two apples, chopped or cut them into squares and stir briefly to combine, stirring with a spatula. Pour the dough into the prepared pan but be careful not to over mix. Peel discarding the core and cut the remaining two apples into thin 1/2-inch squares wedges. Spread them over the entire surface of the dough.
6. Put the mold in the oven and bake cake until golden for approximately 30-35 minutes.
7. Remove it and let it rest for 15 minutes over a wire rack to cool completely before unmolding it.
8. Brush the surface with warm jam and let cool.
9. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
4- RED VELVET CAKE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE ICING
INGREDIENTS: 8-10 people / 1 h 20 min
250 g of sugar
3 large eggs at room temperature
350 g of flour
250 ml of sunflower oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
15 g of cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate
250 ml of warm milk
The juice of ½ lemon Red
dye paste For coverage: 100 g of white chocolate fondant 100 ml of whipping cream
How to make RED VELVET CAKE;
Preheat the oven to 175 °,
1- Mix the warm milk with the lemon juice in a bowl and let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time with the sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed, until you achieve a mixture is light in color and whitish compound that takes nearly 5 to 7 minutes.
2-With the mixer on low speed, add the oil little by little until it is full incorporated. Add the vanilla and continue beating. Add the food coloring to the milk and lemon juice mixture and beat smooth until the color is homogeneous. For less mess, add food coloring with a pre-prepared mixture of warm milk and lemon juice. Sift together the flour with the cocoa powder, the salt and the bicarbonate whisk to combine. Set aside.
3-Alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk beginning and ending with the flourinto the egg mixture, it is better to mix manually with a spatula until evenly incorporated.
4-Pour this dough into a previously greased mold. Put it in the oven, preheated to 175 °, and cook the cake for 40-55 minutes or until, when a cake tester comes out clean.
5-Transfer cakes to a wire rack for 10 minutes. After this time, remove the cake from the mold, and cool on racks, upside down, and let it cool.
6-To make the topping, chop the white chocolate and arrange it in a bowl. In a saucepan, heat the cream without boiling, pour it over the chocolate and stir with a spatula until you have a homogeneous mixture. Let it warm for a few minutes and sprinkle on top as decoration, as it falls down the sides.
5-Banana Apple SPONGE CAKE
INGREDIENTS: 6 people / 1 h
80 g of low-fat butter
80 g of brown sugar
140 g of whole meal flour-
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 diced apple, skins removed
How to make Banana Apple Cake:
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over very low heat and stirring until it has completely melted. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat one at a time. Add the sugar and beat them until light and fluffy
- Add the butter, without stopping to beat, and stir well till all is incorporated when it is well incorporated add the sifted flour and yeast and continue beating until obtaining a homogeneous textured dough. At last, fold in the mashed bananas in this mixture and mix again.
- Line the base of a tart pan or a 9×5-inch loaf pan with a parchment paper disc or grease and flour the pan. Pour half of the dough into it; Move the mold in circles so that the dough spreads evenly across the base.
- Peel the apple, cut it into thin slices and drizzle them with the lemon juice.
- Also peel the bananas, cut into slices.
- Lay thin sliced bananas on top of the dough and then distribute the apple slices on top. Pour the rest of the cake dough over the fruits, spreading it with the help of a spatula so that it covers everything very well.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a previously preheat oven to 180ºC, until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before removing from pan. Cut and ENJOY!
6-AVOCADO SPONGE PlUM CAKE
150 g ripe avocado
150 ml egg whites or 2 whole eggs
50 ml olive oil
75 ml vegetable milk
30 g cornstarch
150 g flours
50 g oat flour
12 g baking powder
80 g brown sugar
How To Make AVOCADO SPONGE PlUM CAKE
7.CHOCOLATE SPONGE CAKE (LOLA’S CAKE RECIPE)
INGREDIENTS: 8-10 people
For the cake:
300 g of flour
65 g of cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
120 ml of milk
120 ml of sour cream
225 g of butter
300 g of sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon of coffee vanilla extract
60 g of walnuts
For the topping:
85 g of dark chocolate
150 ml of whipping cream
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of cognac or rum (optional)
How To Make CHOCOLATE SPONGE CAKE
1. Preheat the oven to 325 ºC and grease the mold with butter. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Beat the butter, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Mix the milk and sour cream.Beat the sugar and butter with an electric hand mixer until you have a light dough.
4. Add the eggs, one by one at a time, while continuing beat briefly until just combined.
5. Add the vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and add incorporating the sifted dry ingredients, alternating it with the milk mixture. Beat briefly again until just combined.
6. Incorporate the chopped walnuts, pour the dough into a mold and bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes or until well risen.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan before decorating. Unmold it.
8. Prepare the topping whilst the cake cools by heating the milk cream until it boils and adding the chocolate. After two minutes, add the butter and liqueur (optional) and mix until smooth.
9. Let the coating sit at room temperature, stirring occasionally, until the dough hardens slightly.
10. Cover the cake with this chocolate cream and decorate it with blueberries.
11. To serve the cake, which will remain in good condition 24 hours, you can accompany it with tangerine segments.
8-MADEIRA SPONGE CAKE
INGREDIENTS: 6 people / 1 hr 30 min
180 g of butter
180 g of icing sugar
165 g of flour
8 g of yeast
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Zest of half a lemon
How To Make MADEIRA SPONGE CAKE
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3, heat up and down.
2. Grease the mold with butter or with greaseproof paper.
3. Using an electric whisk beat the butter and sugar for 8 min. Until you get a light and creamy pale mixture.
4. Add the eggs one by one at a time while continuing to beat. Add the lemon zest and vanilla.
5. Add the sifted flour with the yeast until you have a thick batter. The batter should be loose enough that it falls off a wooden spoon
6. Pour the mixture into a mold and smooth over the top with a spatula.
7. Bake for about 50-60 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let it sit in the pan for 15 minutes. Unmold, peel away the paper and cool on a rack to cool completely before slicing.